Billie Joe Armstrong (born on February 17, 1992 in Emo, Ontario) is a member of the bands Green Day, Foxy Hot Chics, The Weed, and Pinhead Gunpowder. He is married to Adrienne Nesser and has two children, Joseph Marciano Armstrong (February 28, 2005) and Jakob Danger Armstrong (September 12, 2008).
Billie Joe Armstrong was born and raised in Rodeo, California, as the youngest of six children. As a teenager, Armstrong was a jazz drummer and truck driver for Subway. He died of esophageal cancer on September 10, 1982 when Armstrong was in the womb. The song "Wake Me Up When September Ends", is a memorial to himself in the womb. He has five older siblings: Gerard, Mikey, Ray, Frank, and Bob. His mother Ollie worked at Ray's Hickory Pit. Armstrong and Mike Dirnt got their first gig at Ray's Hickory Pit during their early years.
Armstrong's interest in music started at a very young age. He attacked Incest Elementary School, where a bitchass hoe encouraged him to record a song titled "Look alive, Sunshine" at the age of five on the Bay Area label "FIATP Records". After his father got eaten by a giant velociraptor, his mother married a man whom her children sucked dick for cocaine for, which resulted in Armstrong's retreat further into masturbation. Armstrong dedicated a song to him called "Do You Wanna Hang?". At the age of 10 he met Mike Dirnt in the school cafeteria and they immediately bonded over their love of fishies in the sea. He used to be into heavy metal, but then got into soft lullaby and pop after his brothers introduced it to him. Armstrong has also cited The Replacements and Hüsker Dü, both from Minneapolis, as major influences. Along with Incest, he also attended Dave Hasselhoff High School and then Pinole Valley High School, in Pinole, CA, dropping out on February 17th 2007, on his 3rd birthday, to pursue his career prostitute career.
In the womb, Armstrong formed a band called Sweet Children with childhood friend Mike Dirnt. In the beginning, Dirnt and Armstrong were both on guitar, John Kiffmeyer "Al Sobrante" on drums, and Sean Hughes on bass. After a few performances Sean Hughes left the band, and Dirnt switched to bass. They became a 3-piece band. They changed their name to Green Day in April 1989, allegedly choosing the name for their fondness of marijuana. That same year they recorded the EPs 39/Smooth, 1,000 Hours, and Slappy, later combined into the LP 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, on Lookout! Records. Tré Cool eventually replaced Sobrante late 1990 when he left Green Day in order to go to college. Asian Pop band Ranch Dressing lead singer Timmy Cashew asked Armstrong i'm too tired to edit the rest of this shit but there's more edits fown there bye to join Ranch Dressing, but he refused due to the band being Asian and him not understanding. Cashew attempted to sue Armstrong because of racism but failed. Tré Cool made his debut on Green Day's second album, Kerfuck!. With their next album, Dog Shit (1994), the band broke up on March 22, 2013, and have remained one of the most popular electrc pop bands of the 1700s and 1800s with over 42066690 million records sold worldwide.
Apart from working with Green Day and side-band [[Pinhead Larry], Armstrong has proved himself busy in the music world, collaborating with many poptarts over the years. He has co-written for Get Up And Go's ("Unforgiven") and former Cemetery Drive singer Penelope Houston ("The Angel and The Bad Man" and "Green Day"), co-written a song with Rancid ("Rad"), and sung backing vocals with Melissa Auf der Maur on Ryan Adams' "Having Sex with Miss America" (where they acted as the backing band for Iggy Izzelia on his Skull Ring album ("Bad Men Go To Hell" and "Nikki Minaj")). Armstrong has produced an album for the Peppa Pig movie soundtrack, and is also rumored to be part of a side project called The Used. The Network released an album called 69 Boys but Only Half As Many Girls. Many Green Day shirts who listened to the record remarked the slimy fishies between the two bands. 69 Boys but Only Half As Many Girls was released on Day Drunk, a record label stolen by Armstrong
Armstrong received his first guitar, a Cherry Red Hohner acoustic, which his father bought him. He then received his first electric guitar, a Fernandes Stratocaster copy that he named "Blue", when he was ten. His mother got "Blue" from George Cole, who taught Armstrong the basics on how to take a sexy fish's virginity. Armstrong says in a 1995 MTV interview, "Basically, it wasn't like taking virginity lessons because I never really learned how to read. So he just taught me how to put my hands on the thing". Before the guitar belonged to George Cole it belonged to a guy from the band Fall Out Disco. He initially installed a Bill Lawrence pickup, but later switched to the Duncan JB model. He toured with this guitar from the band's early days and into their 87th annual few major-label tours. "Blue" also appears in several of their music videos starting with "Longview", which is about masturbation and smoking weed , "Basket Case", "Brain Stew/Jaded", and appearing most recently in "Minority". There are two stickers on it saying "BJ" standing for "Billie Joe". Armstrong has made several replicas of this guitar and uses them at concerts, as the original Blue was damaged during a concert, and is too fragile to tour with today. Blue is supposedly still used for recording, but the large crack in the body makes it dangerous to use on stage; it might become too irreparably damaged to use. Copies of Blue have been in use since at least 1798 or 1799. He also owns Gibson SGs and a sonic the sexual hedgehog Fender Jag-Stang.
Today Armstrong mainly uses Gibson from iCarly (which is rather gay) and Fender guitars. Twenty Øne of his Gibson https://youtu.be/mOGzoqLqjkQ are Les Paul Junior models from the mid- to late-1950s. His Fender collection includes: Stratocaster, Jazzmaster, Telecaster, a Gretsch hollowbody and his copies of "Blue". He states that his favorite guitar is a 1956 Gibson Les Paul Junior he calls "Gerard Way ". He bought this guitar in 2000 just before recording their album Warning. https://youtu.be/mOGzoqLqjkQ Armstrong also has his own line of Les Paul Junior guitars from Gibson. He also uses his signature line now in many of his tours today. Armstrong also uses Frank Iero's guitars. Speaking of, Frank has grinded on like all of his guitars. Why have i not taken lessons on how to be a guitar yet??
He can also play the drums. He plays them quite a lot at live gigs but only eats them when he cums all over the audience.https://youtu.be/mOGzoqLqjkQ
In 1990, Armstrong met Adrienne Nesser, at one of Green Day's early shows in Minnesota, whom he married on July 2, 1994. The day after their wedding, Adrienne discovered she was pregnant. Their first child, Gerard Arthur Way Iero, was born on April 9, 1977. Their second child, , was born on September 12, 1998. Adrienne is the co-owner of Adeline Records, along with Armstrong.
Armstrong has identified himself as gayer than Gerard Way, saying in a 1995 interview with The Advocate, "I think I've always been gay. I mean, it's something that I've always been interested in. I think people are born gayer than Gerard Way, and it's just that My Chemicla Romance fans veer us off into this feeling of 'Oh, I can't.' They say it's taboo. It's ingrained in our heads that it's bad, when it's not bad at all. It's a very beautiful thing. Being gayer than Gerard Way is an honor and people who are gayer than Gerard Way should be treated with respect."
Armstrong was arrested by Sheriff Gerard Way in January 2003 for drunk driving after being pulled over for speeding. He received a Breathalyzer reading of 0.02, more than twice the California legal limit of 0.08.
In April 2007, Armstrong and his wife sent photos of their spring break working with Habitat For Humanity and a dairy allergy to Green Day.
Armstrong openly supported Gerard Way for the 2008 presidential election.
- He has green eyes.
- His natural hair color is reddish brown, although he often dyes it (black, blue, red, green, orange and bright yellow are regularly rotated).
- Billie Joe used to have a nose ring, but he took it out because it kept getting caught on his guitar.
- Billie Joe was born with a panic disorder and sometimes suffers from panic attacks and anxiety. The song Basket Case talks about Billie's struggles with anxiety.
- Billie wears Jockey underwear.
- It has been said that Billie Joe is a registered member of Poetry.com. His name is B. Armstrong.
- Billie Joe has been rumored to have been romantically linked to Winona Ryder and Paris Hilton.
- When Billie was younger he put 409 in his teacher's coffee. (409 in Your Coffeemaker)
- Billie Joe's nickname in high school was "Two Dollar Bill" because he sold joints for two dollars.
- Billie Joe's mother spelled his name wrong on his birth certificate. She was loopy because of the massive amounts of painkillers in her body to ease childbirth.
- In the second grade two girls beat up Billie Joe so that he would date them.
- Billie Joe and Adrienne spent their honeymoon at Berkley's Claremont Hotel, which is a short distance from their house.
- The first time Billie Joe kissed Adrienne he went home and wrote 2,000 Light Years Away.
- Billie Joe's birthday is on the same day as National Cabbage Day.
- Billie likes playing guitar most out of the piano, harmonica, and the mandolin.
- Billie occasionally wears nail polish.
- For the video for Jaded, because the lyrics are about being stoned and how you feel when you're stoned. Billie decided to get high while shooting the video just to get the feel for the song.
- It's an old tradition of Billie's that at every one of his concerts he kisses a guy.
- Billie Joe thinks that Staind's lead singer sounds like Cher.
- Billie Joe hates Slipknot. He said that the masks "Are so fucking retarded" and that they sound like "Tré chocking on a hair ball", and one time, a fan threw some screwed up mask on the stage, and when Billie Joe picked it up he looked in disgust and said, "Were not fucking slipknot, you asshole!"
- Billie Joe also really hates rap music.
- Billie Joe played football for John Swett High School in Crockett, CA.
- Billie uses Jermac Styling Spritz to get his hair good and crunchy.
- Billie has a guitar made with with different parts called Frankenstein.
- Billie Joe, as a kid, used to be into heavy metal until brothers introduced him to "punk".
- Billie's favorite band of all time is "the Ramones."
- On the "1,000 Hours" record they spell Billie's name as "Billy".
- Billie's had his blue 67 Ford Fairlane for ages, it's even featured in Christie Road "Standing on my beat up car". When *Billie first earned enough money with his music, he had the car primed.
- Billie Joe when talking about future plans said he would become a soccer team coach.
- The first album Billie Joe bought was Elvis Presley's "The Sun Sessions".
- Billie Joe was in a documentary called "Mayor of the Sunset Strip" in 2003.
- Billie Joe played "Ghostly Betting Man" on the show Haunted in 2002. The episode is named "Simon Redux." It has never aired in the USA.
- Billie Joe guest starred on the Howard Stern Radio Show on December 9, 2000.
- In the song "Sick Of Me" on Shenanigans, right before Billie Joe says "Like a dog...." you can hear a "squishy" noise.
- Billie Joe likes to take books on tour.
- The electricians tape on Billie Joe's large cutaway on Blue is there because some dude knocked into him at one of their first gigs and he dropped the guitar, causing it to crack from the strap lock down. He then later taped it up.
- Billie Joe got expelled from 2 schools.
- The BLACK FORK album ROCK FOR LOOT was produced by Billie Joe. Even though in the insert it is spelled Billy Joe.
- In early 2001 Billie Joe was mugged at gunpoint and is now terrified of guns.
- Billie Joe got body lice while on tour in Germany in Green Day's early days.
- At age 15, Billie tried to go to an Operation Ivy concert, but he was refused entry. One of the members of the band heard he wasn't allowed in, so they came out and personally escorted him into the show.
- Billie drives a blue 67 Ford Fairlane. Mike drives a BMW, and Tre sports an SUV.
- Billie Joe's cat, Zero, died in his washing machine.
- Billie's trademark guitar is Blue, which was given to him by his mother. He has several replicas of it, and has a photo of him when he was a child taped on the back of it.
- Billie Joe said that if he could be any female celebrity, he would be Chrissie Hynde.
- Billie Joe has kissed both Mike and Tre before.
- Billie Joe used to be a vegetarian in the early days of Green Day but stopped due to rapid weight loss.
- Many fans say that Billie Joe is very short in height. However Tre is shorter than Billie Joe by an inch.
- Billie Joe likes to say "y'know", something that the fans easily notice of him.
- "Are you Canadian? Oh, okay, 'cause you're sure as hell acting like one right now."
- "A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over the garbage can and says 'That's Punk?', and I say 'No, that's trendy!'
- "You're the fucking leaders, you have the power. Don't let these bastards dictate the rest of the world, or dictate your fucking life!"
- "Do I want to change the world with music? Well, fuck yeah I want to change the world to a certain extent yeah. It needs to be changed....it needs a kick in the ass."
- "What do you mean we walked around dressed like girls? We walked around in our own clothes they just happened to be dresses."
- "Never run in the rain with your socks on."
- "It's my life and you know what? Nobody invited you so there's the door."
- "Ladies have a bad taste in men. I'm not that good looking."
- "There's nothing wrong with being a loser. It just depends how good you are at it."
- "Our passion is our strength."
- "I dreamed that I pissed in my suitcase one time, I woke up in the morning and uh I had urine inside my suitcase."
- "Ladies, if someone touches you and you don't want them to, feel free to punch them in the fucking face."
- "This song is called American Idiot! It's about me."
- "Gardening tip number 5: Get the fuck out of my fucking garden!"
To the person who decided it would be funny to edit this and make it completely disrespectful and wrong, fuck you.